Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Black Bean, Avocado and Quinoa Salad

This is by far my favorite quinoa recipe.  I made it today for lunch and was missing the lemon so it wasn't quite perfect but everyone in my family enjoyed it.

Cook the Quinoa (2 cups water to 1 cup quinoa and cook for 20 minutes)
2 tomatoes chopped
1/2 cucumber chopped
1/4 or less of red onion chopped
handful of cilantro chopped
1 avocado Chopped
1/2 can black beans drained and rinse ( I don't always use the black beans but it definitely more filling)
Lemon juice to taste (I like a lot of lemon juice and you can also use lime if you have that on hand.)
Salt and pepper to taste
Cumin to taste(optional but adds a great flavor)
Can also add a little Olive Oil if it is too dry

For lunch I also added Apple Chicken Sausage and it made for a very hearty lunch.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment