Monday, September 15, 2014

Blender Waffles

I have been learning a lot about grains lately and trying some new breakfast recipes that have been easy, fast, healthy and my boys have loved them.

This was given to me by my dear friend Zina.    Michael said he thinks they might be too light.  So if you don't want light and fluffly waffles then don't try these:)

Waffles

1 cup milk (I used rice milk)
1 cup grains (so far I have used kamut and spelt, but I think you can use any even gluten free.  Be sure to use the whole grain and not the flour)
Blend together in a Vitamix or Blendtec or highpowered Blender

Then add

3 eggs
1/2 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
1/2 cup milk ( I used rice milk)
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Blend again and they are ready to put in your waffle maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment