Friday, April 27, 2012

Chicken Baked in Parchment

This is an amazing recipe. I haven't made it in a while but my friend asked me for the recipe so I thought I would post it. I found this in the Joy of Cooking cookbook...one of my favorites.

 Rinse and pat dry:
 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

 Lay on a work surface with the smoother side up. Make an incision about 3 inches long and 2 inches deep in the middle of the thick side to create a pocket.

 In a small bowl, combine:
 4 ounces of mild goat cheese, at room temperature
 2 medium fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced(I just use 1)
 3 sundried tomato halves in oil, minced

 Spoon one quarter of the filling into each pocket. Press to seal the edges. Generously season each chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.

 Meanwhile combine: 2 cups cooked black beans rinsed and drained
 1 small red onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
Pinch of ground red pepper

 Preheat the oven to 375 Cut four 15-inch squares of aluminum foil or parchment paper (I prefer parchment paper) and crease them in half on the diagnol. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the black bean mixture on one side of each paper, top with chicken breast and sprinkle with hot paprika. Fold the empty half of the paper over the chicken to cover. Fold the edges of the paper together all the way around, closing the packet tightly. Set on baking sheets and bake until the packets are browned and puffed, about 5 minutes. Serve with lime wedges and rice.

 This is one of our all time favorite recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Gretch! I have some chicken in the fridge just waiting to be made into this deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete