Sunday, April 8, 2012

Black Bean and Corn Salsa...Always a hit!

Happy Easter!  Yesterday we went to a family Easter party with my Aunt Lorna and Uncle Ed.  We had a great time and were runner ups in the egg toss.  Movie tickets were on the line and we were soooo close.:)  I brought one of my favorite recipes Black Bean and Corn Salsa.  I was given this recipe at one of my bridal showers and it has always been a big hit.  Everyone LOVES it!  Hope you enjoy!

Black Bean/Corn Salsa

2 cans black beans drained and rinsed
1 can corn
juice of 1 fresh lime
4 Tbsp. oil (I use olive oil)
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
2 tomatoes, chopped
1-2 cans rotele tomatoes with chilies
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 avocado, chopped

Mix all ingredients excluding avocado.  Add the avocado just prior to serving. 
Great with Hint of Lime tortilla chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment