Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pizza Dough with Quinoa

I received this recipe from a friend and it is GREAT! I made it for two pizzas and it turned into 6 medium pizzas. So I froze 4 of them. I rolled them out on parchment paper then I baked them for 2 minutes. Once out of the oven, I cooled them, then put them in the freezer on the parchment paper. Once they were mostly frozen, I took them off the parchment paper and put them in freezer bags and then back in the freezer until we have another pizza night. Just remember to not make the crust too big or it won't fit.

Here is the recipe for 2 pizzas:

In a bread mixer( mixer with a dough hook)
2 1/2 cups warm water
3 Tblsp. Honey or sugar(I used agave nectar)
1 1/2 cups cooked cracked grain ( kamut, oat groat, wheat, whole millet, whole quinoa)
3 cups flour ( high gluten preferred)
2 Tbsp. yeast
Mix well. It will be a little runny. Let it sit and 'sponge' for 10-15 minutes. Then pulse to release air.

Add:
4 Tblsp. Olive oil
1 cup flour
On top of flour add:
2 tsp. salt
Mix/knead. Add flour a little at a time while mixermis kneading until the dough pulls away and cleans sides and bottom of mixing bowl. Then knead. 10-15 minutes.

Separate pizza dough into 1 3/4 lb-2 lb. balls. (I guessed). Oil outside of ball if you want. Let it relax 5-10 minutes. ( pizza will roll out easier if you don't knead it after it has relaxed.). Roll out to desired size and thickness. Place it on a piece of parchment paper. Oil if you want. Let it rise a bit. Put toppings on top. Bake at 450-500 degrees for 5-9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment