Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Muffins

My dear friend Debbie posted this on her blog recently and so I gave it a try to give my boys a healthy yummy treat!  It turned out wonderful and smelled amazing!  Here is the link to her blog RN Mommy Blog.

Here is the yummy recipe:
Dry Ingredients:
GF Mix: 1 cup sorghum flour
               1 cup tapioca starch
            1/2 cup almond meal ( my husband has an almond allergy so I just blended up some pecans)
*When possible I try to make my own "meal" or flour. It keeps the cost low. example, buy your almonds or brown rice, and grind them up. It helps that I have a dry blade container for my Vita-mix. There are lots of contraptions you can find to grind your goods.
**I make extra of this mix and keep it in a large mason jar. I use it for pancakes and waffles too.**

6 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

WET INGREDIENTS:
4 large ripe bananas (the more specks the sweeter)
1/2 cup honey ( I used agave nectar)
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
2 large organic eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins with coconut oil.



Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together. Pour batter in tiny muffin tins. Bake for about 30 min. (here in Utah I only cooked it for 12 minutes and it was all done) Stick a toothpick in the middle to make sure it is done. Keep in longer if need be.  Let cool for about 15 min and pop them out. They did really well in the fridge for a week. You can also put them in the freezer and eat them later.  ( I also did some in a regular muffin pan and it still turned out great)  My camera cord is still missing so this is my friends pic.:))  



Thanks Deb for the great recipe.  This is the first time that I have used Sorghum Flour and it really was yummy.  My five year old whom we like to call A-A loved them!  Next time I think I might even had some chopped walnuts and some coconut!:)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked them! I'm getting over my fear and sharing my creations. Lucky you that you live in high elevation. Less baking time and fluffy!!!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete