Monday, January 13, 2014

My favorite Oatmeal Raisin Cookie


  • This is our families favorite cookie.  This recipe is from the Quacker Oats website but they are excellent. I have followed this exactly and it is great and I have also replaced coconut oil for butter and used pure cane sugar with about 1/2 tsp. molasses for the brown sugar.  I have also tried them with wheat flour and oat flour and all have been great.  Enjoy

  • Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
    • 1/2 Cup(s) (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
    • 3/4 Cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
    • 1/2 Cup(s) granulated sugar
    • 2 Eggs
    • 1 Teaspoon(s) vanilla
    • 1-1/2 Cup(s) all-purpose flour
    • 1 Teaspoon(s) Baking Soda
    • 1 Teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
    • 1/2 Teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
    • 3 Cup(s)  Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
    • 1 Cup(s) raisins (I also like them with chocolate chips or craisins)

1 comment: